Things That Make me Happy
Recently I was told that I need to “Just snap out of it and make a conscious decision to be happy.” Riiiiiiight….I’ll get right on that.
I was also asked, “What turns you on?” Hmmmmmm………..
So I decided to make a list. Turns out there are plenty of things that make me happy (A necessary precursor to being “turned on.” ‘Cuz you know – if Momma ain’t happy……) I think the problem is that these things occur too seldom in my life. Some of the things on my list don’t take any effort, some I can make happen myself – others not so much. I’m sure there are things I’ve left out, but here’s what I’ve been able to come up with:
- My babies
- Grandma Betty
- My Nana
- Setting and meeting my goals
- Learning something new
- Being alone
- Being with my friends
- The sound of running water
- Chocolate with raspberries
- Sunshine on my shoulders
- John Denver
- Gone With the Wind
- Val Kilmer
- Almond Joy
- Naps while it’s raining
- Spooning with Johnny
- Almond Champagne from Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula, CA
- Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub from Bath & Body
- My iPod – But I need a new one
- The sound of wind through pine trees
- My hair – on a good hair day
- Support pantyhose
- Black pumps with plenty of “toe cleavage”
- Fishnet stockings
- Yellow Gold
- Lavender Roses
- Having my hair brushed by someone I love
- Trying new recipes – when I have somebody around who will eat them with me.
- Quinoa with Black Beans
- NOT being fat anymore – 10 more pounds and I will be so happy!
- Scrapbooking wonderful memories
- Wine tasting
- Shopping! (Naturally)
Now that I think about it….I need to make a list of things I DON’T like too.
Aha! Blog fodder for tomorrow!